Saturday, April 24, 2010

I just like to know if there any cure or maybe hope for any1 who have cronic illness?

i.e, heart problem, diabetes, cancer, allergies which include skin condition, respiratory diseases etc.

I just like to know if there any cure or maybe hope for any1 who have cronic illness?
Well, biotech and pharma companies are coming out with new therapies all the time. While these are not cures, for the most part, they can extend or improve life for patients with these illnesses.





I work for a biotech firm that has one of the few drugs on the market for pancreatic cancer. This drug has been shown to extend the life span from (if I remember correctly) six weeks to approximately 12 weeks. This may not seem like a lot, but if it were your parent, wouldn't you appreciate an extra six weeks with them?





All progress is normally made incrementally. So I would hope to see several therapies extending and improving life to be out before a "cure" is found for any of these very serious diseases.





I also know about this subject because I have a chronic disease [not on your list] which used to be a death sentence in the mid-80s, but now is relatively treatable, although not yet curable. So keep your fingers crossed for me too. :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment