Monday, November 16, 2009

Small sore on breast, do I need a 2nd opinion?

3 months ago, I went to my dr. due to a skin condition on my right breast. At the same time I noticed a small red sore on my left breast that I have never had before.


My dr. gave me some cream for the right breast and said the sore on the left one was nothing to worry about.


The sore looks like an ingrown pimple but, there is no opening. It is red but, it doesn't cause any pain. I'm thinking it is some sort of clogged sweat duct. But, should I be concerned since it is 3 months later and it is still there?


I'm 27 and I haven't breastfed for over 5 years.


Should I take my dr.'s word on it that it is nothing to worry about? I wished that he had explained in more detail what he thought it was...he just said it was nothing.


Every woman knows that you can never be too careful when it comes to your breasts. But, maybe I am being too concerned? What would you do...forget about it or go for another dr.'s visit?


Thanks!

Small sore on breast, do I need a 2nd opinion?
Same exact thing happens to me. I was told it was a cyst.


No comments:

Post a Comment