Friday, November 20, 2009

What kind of screen / dome / cage can I get in Texas for my swimming pool to protect against UV rays?

My wife has a skin condition that causes hives when exposed to the sun too long. On the other hand swimming is her favorite thing to do. Most domes look like they are for winter use only and I can't find any pool cage manufacturers for the Houston area. Please help.

What kind of screen / dome / cage can I get in Texas for my swimming pool to protect against UV rays?
that would be a custom job. I sell pool supplies and the closest thing that I would have is a 20ft wide funbrella, it anchors into the deck and provides shade, but the shadow reaching the pool would only be 10 ft, you would need a few of them, and they are pricey. The next thing would be to make a stainless steel frame and anchor it to the deck, then fasten solar blankets to the frame, just make sure to leave some openings, because the blankets would trap air, and you don't want to suffocate her. But you could make a stainless steel dome frame, anchor it to the deck and fasten solar blankets to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment